Greetings from Texas!

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Greetings from Texas!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    erased_1654656544
    No badges. No points.

Hello! I am a 22 year old artist currently located in Texas. I work full time in a non-art related field however I am working to pursue a serious career in art. Throughout most of my history with drawing I’ve been stuck with doing portraiture commissions (mostly pets) from photo references and I really want to work on expanding my abilities and getting a better grasp of the fundamentals. I have always been most inspired by the masters such as Bouguereau and Rembrandt but I also adore modern masters such as Fechin, Steve Huston, Casey Baugh, Pamela Wilson, Roberto Ferri, etc. (The list goes on.) I have spent considerably more time viewing artwork over the past two years rather than actually creating but I am working to change that.

I’ve only ever taken one semester of formal art classes before I had to drop out of university, however I am excited to take part in NMA to further my learning as I am not in a place financially to continue pursuing a degree.

I’ve attached some examples of my finished works thus far. I’ll try to post some of my work as I go through the courses available. All critiques are welcome! I don’t really have a community in my area to help so any feedback is seriously appreciated. Thank you!

Graphite drawing 8'' x 10'' Charcoal study 18 x 24''
    digital album cover - procreateOil painting 18 x 24''

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.