First Look at Photoshop

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion First Look at Photoshop

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this lesson, you will discover how to set up Photoshop. Instructor Chris Legaspi begins by recommending hardware and software that he uses. Next, he goes over how to open and navigate around Photoshop as well as how to set up an efficient workspace. Then, he briefly introduces you to the menu bars, layers, brushes, and colors.

This lesson belongs to the course Introduction to Photoshop. During this 9-week course, Chris Legaspi teaches you the fundamentals of Photoshop. You will learn through valuable lessons with in-depth demonstrations and beneficial assignments. After completing the course, you will be able to edit photo references and photos of your artwork. You will also be proficient at sketching, painting from scratch, and creating color comp by mastering the basic tools of Photoshop.

Throughout this course, you’ll have access to the NMA community for feedback and critiques to improve your work as you progress.

Valene Jouvet
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, I am wondering if it would be a good idea to take this course with Photoshop on the ipad. Apparently the interface is quite different and I am scared to miss some important features. I have an Intuous at home + a laptop but I found it quite difficult to use (especially that I am used to drawing directly on Procreate now). What are your thoughts about this issue? Thanks!

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Valene, This course will be much easier and impactful if you use the full version of Photoshop on a desktop or laptop. With that said, you can use the software listed here as a supplement https://www.nma.art/pdf-viewer/?id=1279077
    But this will require you to do your own research on how to achieve the same tasks. Youtube is a great source for tutorials. If you use the mobile version of photoshop, you may have to use other apps to fill in where photoshop cut their features in the mobile version.
    So the answer depends on how much time you want to spend figuring out alternative methods. If you do choose that route, you will learn a ton about your software.

Also, there may be a way to project your laptops screen on to your IPAD, so that you use your IPAD as a second monitor and tablet. you may experience some lag, but Ive heard of people doing this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.