Figure Quicksketch

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Figure Quicksketch

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MK
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

These are great!

Theo Whiteman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

beautiful!

Mengu Gungor
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

These are amazing! Great gestures, great movement of the spine, solid forms, nice designs… One thing I would say is that the feet perhaps need a bit more height, a bit more meat, and a bit more width in the ankle (ankles are typically wider than wrists). Our feet are the platforms we balance ourselves on. For instance, in the second pose in the top row, I’d really want to see how the ball of her right foot is bearing most her weight, and how the toes bend to facilitate that. That is an important facet of the pose. But holy cow, these figures are stunning, great work!

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

We will try to critique these but one piece of advice is not to overuse the same round form. Try to find more hard corners and straights to balance them out.

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

These are so lovely

MK
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you for the kind words

@Mengu I see what you mean, usually with feminine characters I draw the legs a little longer, with narrower ankles and the feet a bit more slender. Perhaps it was not entirely consistent with the character as she is not presented as super skinny. The weight bearing effect on the feet is also something I will keep more an eye on in the future.

@Joshua On masculine characters I use a lot more box forms and hard edges, on this one I pushed more toward the “roundness” idea a bit too much it seems. Definitely something I will consider more.

Thanks again for the feedback 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.