Figure Drawing: The Spirit of the Pose | Part 5: Light and Tone

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Figure Drawing: The Spirit of the Pose | Part 5: Light and Tone

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this series, figure drawing instructor, Karl Gnass, will show you how to draw an entire figure through his five crucial stages: Gesture, Formulation, Anatomy, Light and Tone, and Aesthetics. In this fifth lesson of the series, Karl will share with you the next step: Light and Tone. Karl will begin with a lecture on the basics of Light and Tone, followed by several demonstrations of Old Master drawings. Following this, Karl will do several drawings from references of models. Next, you will get a chance to practice what you’ve learned in a timed figure drawing assignment. The lesson will conclude with Karl’s approach to the same assignment, allowing you to compare your work with his.

Materials

• Faber-Castell Pitt Pastel Pencil – Black
    • Conté Charcoal Pencil
    cedemattos
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

What’s the name of the Bellini’s painting? I want to find it on Internet.

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Would it be possible to have the master drawings of this section provided in a reference section of sorts? Could go for the rest of this course too, also if possible.

Dean DeckerDean Decker
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

When you select “The Spirit of the pose” from the course menu the anatomy section(the section before this one) is missing

Lee Furlong
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I second Josseline. Bit frustrating not to have full size versions of the maters drawings so I can draw along with Karl

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

We are photographing these now 🙂 sorry for the delay

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

I think its an error.  Its actually Saint Sebastian being helped by angels by Rubens.  https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/0_Saint_S%C3%A9bastien_secouru_par_les_anges_-_Pierre_Paul_Rubens_%281%29.JPG

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by JayleneJaylene.
    Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Jaylene, I have alerted the team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.