Eden’s 100 Day Challenge – 10 Value Thumbnails

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Eden’s 100 Day Challenge – 10 Value Thumbnails

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    ZachZach
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

These are looking awesome Eden, keep up the great work!

PS Your still life objects are really cool!

Birgith ScheiBirgith Schei
    Participant
    No points.

A good idea for me to make such small sketches before starting a still life painting. I usually move the objects around looking through a little frame I have cut out of a cardboard, thus being able to see what scenes I like most.

Eden
    Participant
    No points.

Day 2 – Thumbnails

I’m still working with the same objects and trying to become aware of all the different things I could change for a composition. Such as moving the objects themselves around, changing the frame, zooming in or out, changing my own vantage point – horizontal and vertical, altering the lighting conditions using lamps or different times of day. I hope that by continuing to do the same simple thumbnail sketches I become more sensitive to these things and more sensitive in general.

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

It’s great to hear how much thought your putting into this study. Can tell your getting even more hang of it.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

That’s a really awesome page you posted on 4/10! You found so many different compositions in one scene!

You asked about suggestions to avoid back pain. I’ve struggled with that for years. How are you drawing now? Is your paper at an angle, possibly affixed to a drawing board?

Eden
    Participant
    No points.

Day 3 — Here we go!

I felt some more anxiety completing these today. Had to pause and take some deep breaths. I fear that I am not able to see the value only the dark of the background and the shape of the objects. I haven’t yet decided if I’m going to keep working with these three objects or change it up. It would be interesting exploring all the minute variations of the same objects. Perhaps it will help me become more sensitive to these things?

Participant
    No badges. No points.

I think you’re doing a good job of it. I think it may be good to work on a new setup for a couple days, give your eyes and mind a rest from these, and then come back to these objects after that to look and work with them with fresh eyes.

Eden
    Participant
    No points.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Your observational and exploration skills are improving a lot in such a short amount of time! Well done.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Again, congratulations for finding so many different, (and interesting) , compositions from a single setup. That’s really extraordinary!

ZachZach
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Eden your studies are looking better and better awesome job!

Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

very nice work :). will u be doing a painting of one of these set ups at some stage? or really just focusing on the value studies?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.