Drawing the Figure: The Torso

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Drawing the Figure: The Torso

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this video lesson series Glenn Vilppu will teach you how to draw the torso, demonstrating through diagrams and live models the anatomy of this region and how to think about the structures of the torso three-dimensionally.

Materials

• Polychromos Pencil – Sanguine
    • Drawing Paper
    michalmilevski3
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I didn’t finish the series, but it seems pointless to show a teacher drawing a model from another angle that you can see on the video

Tom
    Participant
    No points.

yeah the angles might be a bit off but those are great demonstration non the less. And he mostly draws from imagination, so dont skip the entire thing

HeidiWastweet
    Participant
    No points.

I absolutely love Vilppu but I too find it very frustrating that the photo of the model is a significantly different angle than the drawing. It’s impossible to do a direct comparison.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

It’s impossible to record the model from the instructor’s perspective. Their head position determines the view of the model and therefore a camera can’t be there. There are alternate ways of dealing with this issue such as having the instructor draw from reference images and more recent courses often go that route (not always, some instructors don’t work from photos).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.