DON’T READ THIS! It’s a long & boring story. I warned you 😂

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! DON’T READ THIS! It’s a long & boring story. I warned you 😂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bradley MietchelleBradley Mietchelle
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello my friends…

I hope all is well for you all. As well as can be expected in these darker times, at least….

My name is Bradley and my journey with art has been really weird up to this point. Not surprising considering I’m the weirdest person I know. My first foray into art was at a very small theme park. It was unfortunately, very short lived. It was a long drive & I wasn’t being paid while in training. I was learning to draw caricatures and I had ZERO drawing skills to begin with and that really hasn’t changed. I wanted to learn to draw long before ending up at the park but my life at the time, just made it very difficult….

So, here I am and still have that same zero amount of drawing skills. This time is different though. I have the time to concentrate on actually learning but only have about 10 months in which to learn. I’m going to be able to put in long hours at my drafting table, six days a week and sometimes on my day off as well. Eight hours a day, minimum, is the starting goal. It will be increased to hopefully twelve hour days. I truly believe that if I practice 70+ hours per week, I’ll be able to get somewhere…Drafting Studio

erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

You will, no doubt, see a lot of improvement in 10 months if you draw that much.  But don’t stop at 10 months.  That is just a kick start to get you going on a life long journey.  You may not be able to work that intensely all the time, but you need to plan on making time for at least a little bit of art making daily or weekly.  Good luck, and have fun.  The more fun you have in the next 10 months, the  more you will want to keep at it.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you kind Sir…

Oh, I have no plans on stopping. I will just not have the time then, that I have now. I will definitely be taking your advice, if for nothing more than just to keep what skill I work up to. I’m thinking about posting my work every now & then but I’m not sure on that, HA HA! Thank you for the well wishes & the same to you…

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Welcome to the community. Glenn Vilppu also worked at an amusement park doing caricatures as a teenager. I recommend you find a study group on our forum and get to it! I look forward to seeing you progress!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks for the kind words Joshua. I’ll check out the study groups…

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

That setup is rad btw. I hope you don’t mind but I sent that image to iliya.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Right on. Thanks Mr Jacobo…

I wanted something comfortable but also something that was going to work well. It’s simple but has purpose. No, I don’t mind at all. Thanks for that. I’ll be posting soon but I would like to be able to do something somewhat recognizable first…Heh, heh, heh…;-)

Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Awesome setup. You seem highly motivated. Whish I could have some of that. 👍 Good luck.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.