Does anyone know what is happening on this back??

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art Discussion Anatomy Does anyone know what is happening on this back??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    GabGab
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

So I was doing  the daily drawing  and the trap area has me confused

Tthanks

DaneThibeault
    Participant
    No points.

Hey Gabriel!

I’m not an expert on the back anatomy, but what it looks like to me is that since he is raising his arm towards us, the scapula is being raised as well, which is causing the rotator cuff muscles as well as the trapezius to bunch up on the one side. I think most of what you are seeing that’s confusing is the big mass of the scapula, which looks so much larger than the other scapula, which is going away from us. I do know that since the trapezius rides along the ridge of the scapula, whatever the scapula is doing will greatly affect the shape of the muscle. Hope this helps!

Dane

GabGab
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks sir I:  very informative, it’s good to be reminded of that

Here’s a tracing to Illustrate my understanding

But the traps has gone mad I don’t know if it is this one or that one, does the trapezuis open ?  or is It the infraespinatus?

Sorry for the late reply

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

The way you drew the right scapula is more accurate in the last image. As the right shoulder join flexes, the scapula swings forward and we’re seeing it almost edge on in this case.

Breno M.
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello Gabriel,

I’m not sure, but I think the big form between the spine and the right scapula is the rhomboideus muscle bulging under the right traps, making the latter “assume” its own form.

Best Regards,

Breno.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.