Digital Painting Study – Work in Progress

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Digital Painting Study – Work in Progress

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ROMANVINARNIK
    Participant
    No points.

Hello Fellow Artists,

I would highly appreciate some feedback on the digital painting I am working on. What are the things should I concentrate more on?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Roman

Impressions du Bord du MondeImpressions du Bord du Monde
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi there ! I really like the way you build the basic shapes first, helps bringing solidity to the pose. First off, one of the easy things I would change might be the background color : I feel there is not enough contrast in the piece and you could simply improve the understanding of this gesture by contrasting the color of the figure with the color of the background. I’d say darken it probably.  The second thing I would work on is the contrasts within each part of the figure. The main tones being defined, you could emphasize more the planes that are hit most by the light, and darken the ones that are away from it… This will allow you to either add some detail or enhance the understanding of the figure you draw.

I’d start working on that ! Keep up the good work !

ROMANVINARNIK
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you so much for your critique Impressions du Bord du Monde. Will work on it.

Aleksandra KlepackaAleksandra Klepacka
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Romanvina!

Just to make your life easier at the construction stage, try to go for thinner lines, then when you start working on the second layer of the sketch, decrease the opacity of the first one and lock the layer. Make sure the second sketch has only the lines you will use, you can indicate shadow pattern with them as well, so that it’s easier to come out with nice defined forms. It might help to establish about 3 values (light, midtones, shadows) for the skin, the dress and the hair. Just put 9 dots somewhere to the side 🙂 Great job so far!

ROMANVINARNIK
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you Aleksandra for your suggestions. I appreciate it. Will work on it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.