Digital illustration for critique

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Digital illustration for critique

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ember.kitty
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello!

Here my extremely-time-taking piece. Have been doing it for so long, that barely can see any problems (I’m sure there are a lot of them though).Please, share what you think about it

NicBritt
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

wow! I love it. i don’t know that I have much to add of use… I might make the top half of the smoke disappear a little more into the darkness to emphasize catching the light. Also there appears to be a colour temperature difference between the two rooms – one daylight, one night time? perhaps this was intentional?

ember.kitty
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you for your comment!

Yeah, a little tweak with the smoke might help 🙂

The color temperature difference was intended – the room’s color is a warm light from candles and the foreground is in dark, but with a little additional cold light source from a window at the outside of the canvas. It sounded pretty nice in my plans, but the result is not really satisfying and I have no idea what went wrong XD

NicBritt
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Ah in that case, the light in back room should be pools of light and dark maybe? It’s very even and seems to come from the ceiling with gives the impression of a single big light source.

Annie Survis
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is really cool! The vampires are really beautiful, and I especially like the light on them.

So, my critique of this is that the background looks stylistically different than the foreground. I realize that this was intentional, to set the background apart from where you want the focus in the foreground. However, the light and the angle are still going to draw your eye there, and the comparision in styles makes the background look unfinsihed. To me, anyways.

Thank you for sharing this!!

ember.kitty
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you guys!

NicBritt, that’s sounds pretty fresh! I will try to mess a bit with the lighting on the back, don’t know how yet though.

Annie Survis, yep, the background seems to be the main problem here, I just can’t put my finger on exact spot:( perhaps NicBritt’s advice will do.

NicBritt
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m a Cinematograper in another (pre-Coronavirus life) 😂 Hope the advice helps.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.