Daily figure drawing by Babita

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Daily figure drawing by Babita

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Babita Saxena
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi all,

I am new here and so happy to be part of NMA. I am thinking of starting a 100 day challenge where I spend 30 mins to 1 hour daily doing figure drawing. I will mostly use the daily figure drawing videos for this. Sometimes I will draw live figures. I hope to improve my figure drawing skills, specially gestures. I have been thinking of practicing figure drawing for ages now, but always get distracted. Giving myself this challenge will hopefully bring in some discipline. Wish me luck!

Babita

Babita Saxena
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 1Started my figure drawing practice. I just drew from the images section. I am feeling quite lost. Please suggest what would be a better way to approach this challenge. I am a beginner and my goal is to improve my human figure drawing skills in these 100 days. Started Steve Huston’s Anatomy course and also thinking of starting dynamic gesture drawing by Glenn.

Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Babita,

I would suggest you to follow the below plan.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1snb6iXfrqL8p1IJ1GFVW3X-EjRvQ1tnHSqGsnRBkwXQ/edit

Start with the Foundations track and then choose Figure drawing (if you want to draw figures).

I made a mistake by starting with figure drawing and I started to focus on the basics only around day 30 (I am on day 73 now, you can check my progression in my 100 day challenge). I stopped watching figure drawing courses and focused on the foundations track, it helped me a lot to know the basics and applying it.

Figure drawings are one of the hardest stuff to draw and if you’re a total beginner like me, I would suggest you to put off figure drawing courses for now until you complete the foundations track.

That said, continue with the figure drawing 100 day challenge, you will notice your drawings to be way better as you progress. (Even without following the figure drawing courses).

We also have a discord server, masters would help you out there. Join the server using the below link.

https://discord.gg/5N4AA53F

Babita Saxena
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks so much Ram for your response and suggestions. I am still trying to figure out how to find the relevant courses here. I like your flowchart. When I look through the courses, I am unable to find anything that says Foundation courses. So maybe I just filter by “beginner friendly” and go from there? I will continue the challenge and see where it takes me. I will check out the discord server too. Thanks a bunch!

Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

The founder of NMA designed the flowchart. You do not have to search for the courses, you can click on any of the tracks provided in the flowchart. It will then give you the breakdown of all the courses in the track, clicking on the title of the course will take you to the course page.

Babita Saxena
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 2Day 2 and Day 3

Quick sketch in pen so that I can’t erase.

Started the foundation track so lets see how it goes.

Babita Saxena
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 4/100. I tried drawing in Procreate.

Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Look really nice Babita!

Babita Saxena
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 5

Babita Saxena
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 6<!–more–>

Babita Saxena
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 7 20 min posesday 7, 20 min poses. I drew from Glenn Vilipu’s live drawing session. It’s funny, I meticulously erased all my gesture lines to make it look pretty, but in the end Glenn said to one of the artists not to focus on contours but on the form. Will redo today.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.