Copic of cartoon character. Please critique

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Copic of cartoon character. Please critique

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AbhiAbhi
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Luna
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I like the colors, maybe work on the lineart a little more?

erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

I like the negative space of the frame and the top of the hat.  It is a nice shape.  I think that it is too busy on the right side of the face.  You need to have some bigger shapes in between the smaller shapes to give your eyes a place to rest.  Also, you could group values on that side to make it read better.  The top of the hat on the left is dark, and light on the right. The face area where the eyes are is light on the left and dark on the right.  The nose is light on both sides.  The beard is close in value on both sides, but darker on the right.  The suit is dark on the left and light on the right.  The tie and shirt are dark and light respectively on the left, and dark and light, respectively on the right.  Make more of a conscious decision either to flip all of the values from one side to the other and keep that consistent, or make them all the same.  Try to vary your line quality and have a thin line in some places, and thicker in others.  It creates more interest.  Keep drawing Abhi, can’s wait to see your next post!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.