Composition for Visual Artists | Week 7: Primaries of Design

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Composition for Visual Artists with Bill Perkins Composition for Visual Artists | Week 7: Primaries of Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

We are pleased to share with you a 10-week long class brought to you by Art Mentors. In this class, renowned Disney Art Director and Instructor Bill Perkins will teach composition for artists. In this 7th lesson, Bill will discuss the three primaries of design, line, mass, and form, and how your marks are biased by any one of those three.  He will then demonstrate how to create renderings based upon the individual primaries or any combination of the three.

Materials

• Conté Charcoal Pencil
    • General’s Charcoal Pencil
    • Conté Drawing Pencil – Sepia
    MarionBuricatu
    Participant
    No points.

Hello Bill,

This is very interesting and I am learning so much, but I am struggling to reconcile this class about the primaries of design and value grouping. So, if you take the example of your drawing of the Anglin river in France, where you determined your primaries of design, how then do you incorporate the value grouping? Do value grouping have to follow the primaries of design? I would have love to see how you go on with this next step.

thanks

Marion

PurnimaSampat
    Participant
    No points.

Hello Bill,

I have been watching this series and in this demo of the landscape, I am wondering if the reflections in the water are considered notan or chiaroscuro?

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, the reference pdf document for this week 7 lesson does not work. Would it be possible to have this fixed? thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.