Composition for Visual Artists | Week 4: Tone, Continued

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Composition for Visual Artists with Bill Perkins Composition for Visual Artists | Week 4: Tone, Continued

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

We are pleased to share with you a 10-week long class brought to you by Art Mentors! In this class, renowned Disney art director and instructor, Bill Perkins, will teach Composition for Artists. In this fourth lesson, Bill continues his discussion of tone, and its importance in creating mood and clarity in your designs. Bill will share several designs from his own portfolio as well as examples from other artists to illustrate key concepts, such as creating passages and areas of contrast to better move the viewer’s eye through your design.

Materials

• General’s Charcoal Pencil
    • Drawing Paper
    • Conté Charcoal Pencil
    harryfell
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, I am gaining so much insight thank you! There is no reference pdf to download for this chapter – does one exist?

LesterMiller
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

These videos are Amazing – I am learning so much. I am curious about the matrix choice Bill made about the generals face. It was clearly medium value but he put it in the light value group. I am not sure I understand this

gustavoBarroni
    Participant
    No points.

I am also learning so much and also seeing that before getting to know these things sometimes I was even using them instinctively! He is super clear and I love how all is break down step by step and very clearly.

I just WISH the PDFs were available! Is there any chance to have them please?

Romel MadrayRomel Madray
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Has anyone been able to get the pdfs?I find some challenges with this lecture and want to see of reading will help

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Romel MadrayRomel Madray.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.