Color Relationship Feedback

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Color Relationship Feedback

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Carlos Perez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey guys, this exercise is part of the Bill Perkins color boot camp, During this week the aim was to paint looking at the range of color temperature within different value groups, all timeboxed in 30 mts plus 10 of prep drawing, keeping it “sketchy” since this is not a portrait class.

This time I took the opportunity to upload some fails ( i consider the last ones fails since the portrait don’t look like a face ) so I’d welcome your feedback, comments,  Thanks::)

jeff_knecht
    Participant
    No points.

This seems like it would be a valuable exercise.  Curiosity: Is there a reason for the different background colors?  Are they supposed to accentuate or differentiate the warm/cool balance in some way?

Carlos Perez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey Jeff , in this case, we’re not using temperature to  accentuate any focal point, our different backgrounds are settled to create and focus on different  zones of color with multiple similar hue, each of them with a different value, for example, the blouse with  its  little hue  subtleties changes  but one value in relationship with  the ones on the portrait and it’s value and the ones on the backgrounds with its values.

Hope it is clear :: )

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.