Color Boot Camp | Part 2: Saturation

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Color Boot Camp | Part 2: Saturation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this series, instructor Bill Perkins brings you his crash course on color theory and practice. This second lesson in the series will focus on saturation. Bill will begin with a brief lecture on how to identify saturation ranges within high and low key set-ups, and then it’s time to get to work: You will be shown a series of 4 different images throughout the lesson, each with a different color set-up, and you will have 30 minutes to complete a painting of each. Following each painting, you will see how Bill approaches the the same assignment, allowing you to compare your work with his.

Materials

• Sharpie Marker
    • Gamblin Artists Grade Oil Paint
    • Hogs Hair Bristle Brushes – Filberts
    • Gamsol Oderless Mineral Spirits
    • Silicoil Brush Cleaning Tank
    • Palette Paper
    • Canvas Panel
    kay
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

well that 30 mins flew by! I am properly embarrassed to be posting this photo.

the good, the bad an the truly ugly!

heh.

am I posting in the right place. I see no one else anywhere . pic

kay
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

color

kay
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

pic

kay
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

picnot sure if I am posting these in the right place, I have been on this website for like 4 days completely by myself.

is there anyone here, has this been abandoned?  I Havent had one person say boo to me in all that time. I find that pretty bizarre

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by kay.
    Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Kay, you may have better luck posting these in a critique channel https://www.nma.art/forums/forum/art-artwork/open-critique/.
    This forum “course lesson & discussion” is used mostly for asking questions and discussing the course, but there aren’t any rules around this

if you don’t have any luck in the critique channels you can also try our discord server where we have over 6k members  https://discord.gg/kQGvUw8Z2r

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle.
    kay
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

thank you Daniel. I appreciate it,

I was just having a look around and found the ‘forum’

I feel silly just now seeing it there.  I felt like the only kid in the whole school.

heh.

thank you very much.

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

No problem! if you have any questions, you can easily get in touch with some one on discord by tagging @nmamod or posting in the #help-for-beginners channel or #discord-support channel, or you can email @nma.art">info@nma.art
    But our Discord is quite active if things feel a little quite here at times

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.