Christopher’s 100 Day Challenge: Building A Solid Foundation

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Christopher’s 100 Day Challenge: Building A Solid Foundation

Viewing 8 posts - 166 through 173 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Christopher, and please don’t feel guilty! You’ve been an inspiration to me too 🙂.

Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 100 🎉

So there we are! Honestly I hoped to finish a bit more spectacular than just the two usual practise block ins but I felt like taking the time to throw out a few comments on other threads. Since my english isn’t perfect that sadly often takes me some time.

But I feel if looking back and in summary my challenge was never about finish or quality or at least it developed itself in a direction there it was much more about everything behind the scenes, things like mindset.

Saying this we move right into a kind of conclusion. Honestly there are so many thoughts in my head right now that I wouldn’t even have an Idea of where to start. Therefore I’ll try to move away from detail and focus more on a brief summary.

My whole thinking wasn’t really different before I started this challenge  and I already drew daily but committing to it and for the first time exposing my work and thoughts to others regularly was helpful in such a way I couldn’t even describe how helpful it was.

Alone my journal like writing and the reaction and answers to my thoughts helped me to realize alot of things.

I’m much more confident now in my thinking and my way of approaching to learn all this stuff.

I know everything has it’s downside, so does my thinking and my approach. For example I totally know that I tend to focus way to much on what I call repetition and others grinding and that the balance between practise and attempting to apply the practised can’t even be called balance until this point.

But I do also now that my reflective thinking is my strength in terms of noticing most of these things myself and since nobody is perfect I also came to the conclusion that all this is totally fine. This journey will go on for years and there is so much more to learn and so much more mistakes to be made which don’t just include actual drawing mistakes.

All this feels like being about constant reinvention. Understanding and realizing something one day and then understanding and realizing the same thing on another day through a new point of view.

So I’m thanking everyone who took the time to leave his or her thoughts here even once.

If people didn’t just say but really ment it that my thoughts were helpful or inspiring in any way, I’m also really thankful for that since that is one reason why I’ll move forward more confident and trusting my own gut and thoughts.

I recently committed to NMA for at least a year and so I’ll definitely be back real soon not just for a second challenge but hopefully for a third and maybe even fourth challenge afterwards. I’ll can’t wait to see how far (or not 😜) I’ve come in one year.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Congratulations Christopher. Fantastic work. If it’s okay with you I’d like to sticky or pin your challenge somehow.

erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

Congratulations Christopher!  I’m really glad you got so much out of the challenge.  I have no doubt that you will continue to improve and grow by leaps and bounds.  This stuff takes a long time to master, but in just a few years, it is amazing the progress that can be made.  Keep at it, and make sure you are enjoying the process because it IS a life long endeavor, and it DOES take a long time, so the only way you can stick to it is by having fun and enjoying each moment!

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Congratulations!  Seeing your insights, hard work, and progress have been very inspirational and beneficial. It’s helped me reflect more on how important it is to always be reinventing myself! Great stuff, looking forward to seeing more!

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Congratulations Christopher! Job well done! Keep enjoying the journey and see you when you come back 🙂👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻!

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Congratulations Christopher. Awesome work. I’m glad this challenge has helped you become more confident in your art. I see a lot of talent and dedication. Keep it up 🙂.

Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks everyone! 🙏

I already have a pretty clear idea for my next challenge and similar to what Deborah suggested it’s, at least I hope so, a bit more focused than this one but still broad enough to jump around a little.

I will also try to further refine the way I organized and presented the posts in this challenge for the next one.

@Joshua

Thanks for asking and it’s fine for me if you really think it could be of any value for others 👍

Viewing 8 posts - 166 through 173 (of 173 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.