Chem’s Sketchbook

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Sketchbooks Chem’s Sketchbook

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AlchemicalAlchemical
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey everyone!

Here I’ll post whatever I make that won’t be going into a separate thread, experimentation, smaller personal projects and other things unrelated to the courses.

Critiques are most welcome!

Jerry Spivak
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey Chem, great start.  Are you working with marker and brush pen?  I like the perspective on the airplanes.  I was thinking that for the top airplane on the far wing, you can add 1 or 2 light wrapping lines like you have on the bottom airplane, just to solidify its shape in perspective.

AlchemicalAlchemical
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Jerry! The above sketches are in digital, which is my main tool. But I am working a lot in traditionally with brush pen, marker and gouache right now to transfer those skills over to digital later. So you’re half-right. 😉
    I’ll bear in mind the plane-pointers, thanks for the feedback! Im working on a large project involving planes so any help is useful!

Speaking of which: A couple of pages in Brush Pen and Ballpoint. Random sketches to constructional drawing and some figure drawing.

And some gouache-studies to cap it off.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by AlchemicalAlchemical.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by AlchemicalAlchemical.
    AlchemicalAlchemical
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Quick preparatory cloud-studies for a larger piece I’m making. The main point of these was to capture the feeling, colour and composition.

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Your cloud studies are beautiful! I love the colors and overall mood, and the composition really draws the viewer in. I look forward to seeing the larger piece!

AlchemicalAlchemical
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@Jan , Thank you very much! ^^

I tried my hand at a great exercise for anyone stuck on a certain subject matter. Simply do a bunch of simple drawings of the smaller parts ortographically and then try make another one from imagination from any perspective. I’ve always wanted to draw Samurai but think their armours have way too many details, so this is what I started with in CSP:

Then after a few loose thumbnails, I painted this in gouache:

AlchemicalAlchemical
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Started a Watercolour journal for quick paintings. This is the first page, feels good to have a sketchbook just for experimenting with colour.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.