Carolina from Canada

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Carolina from Canada

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CarolinaCarolina
    Participant
    No points.

Hello. Carolina from Canada here. I am determined to become an artist. While I have natural abilities, I lack fundamentals and can’t consistently translate what I have in my imagination onto paper. I also want to have the ability to understand what I am doing, why I am doing it, and to be able to explain the process.  I basically need the technical skills to build up the intuitive ones. I am also interested in watercolor/gouache and as another poster already mentioned, I need to get the drawing fundamentals up to par to paint the beautiful things that pop up in my head. I was looking for a solid online option and found NMA. I feel like I hit the jackpot. Going through several courses, currently focused on the Russian Academic Approach – Gesture with Glenn – will be going into Color Theory and so many more. Will be here for a quite some time!

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Caroline sounds like you probably are an artist , and need the skills techniques , that’s how I feel anyway  it’s a great reason for study and I feel an empathy with your quest to better express  what you see. I am just starting  to learn to draw and can really feel how drawing particularly gestural elements are painting  , also charcoal  white pastel moves that way I watched an interview with Steve Huston youtube ,where he was saying he only started to “get” colour 2 years into teaching it !  . Many of the skills are so delicate and nuanced , I am just  enjoying the discovery and odd line the rings true   good luck with your journey .

Tim

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.