Bridgette Costume 2 Graphite Drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Bridgette Costume 2 Graphite Drawing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Bridgette Costume 2 Drawing

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’ve decided to just hold off of sculpting for the next hundred days as I try a challenge of drawing something everyday. This is Day 1 and 2. I wish I could draw and sculpt, but I just don’t think that I have the bandwidth for both right now between Covid, work, and our current life circumstances. Eventually I want to try to do Russian Academic Drawing, but first I have to get more confidence and refine my shading. 100 days of drawing and on-line classes will hopefully help with that.

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Beth

Lovely drawing ,great proportions and tonal shading ,what mediums did you use ? E xcellent work look forward to the next 99 I we t art stuff shopping today so good .

Tim

Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, Tim,

Thanks! I just used a #2 graphite pencil and somehow got lucky. I like the way that the drawing turned out, but to critique myself, I wish the face looked a little more like the woman posing. Unfortunately, there is no continuity to my posts of work, because I first posted in the wrong place, and then labeled the thread of posts incorrectly.  A number of examples of drawings and clay work are in a thread called 100 Day Art Challenge, Days 3, 4, & 5, but it has a lot of other days in it. I wish I knew how to link them all together, but I don’t.

Speaking of art stuff shopping, I love how the instructors make a list of the items you’ll need for the different courses! I’ve ordered a lot from Blick Art Supplies, but am a little frustrated that so much was on backorder, so I’m still waiting for drawing pencils of various tones. Meanwhile, any drawing I’m doing tend to be done with a number 2 graphite pencil, the same one we’ve all used since grammar school, lol.

Anyway, happy art stuff shopping and thanks again for your compliments,

Beth

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.