Beginning Head Drawing | Part 1: Basic Head Construction

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Beginning Head Drawing | Part 1: Basic Head Construction

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jenifer Andrea Arana HerreraJenifer Andrea Arana Herrera
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Podría alguien decirme si es correcto compartir por aquí mis ejercicios para obtener alguna clase de feedback? <!–more–>

dvymarkdvymark
    Participant
    No points.

Just started to view this series again. Learning basics of the head after basic drawing techniques. I have struggled with proportions and head placement. So thought that stripping away the complications of the furniture of the face would help. Steve has a wonderful way of expressing complex thoughts into understandable and repeatable exercises. I am so glad that I am able to rewatch the head drawing and beginner drawing techniques. Allowing me to develop deeper levels of understanding. I hope to be able to work comfortably with the head as the first gesture. As I would like to produce portraits and figurative paintings.

It is my belief that the fundamental understanding of figurative and portraiture can be developed from good drawing skills allowing me to step beyond my personal skill set and rise to world class painting in my chosen field.  With constant practice and development of fundamental understanding and good drawing skills being translated into my brush work. It is my hope to discover the pleasure of drawing with a brush and painting with a pencil whilst I study to improve my own abilities. This series has time and again really helped me to understand principles of placement that in more advanced drawing practice can be lost.

Mónica Robbe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, maybe someone here can help me, I have the feeling that whenever the head is in the side view, he makes it shorter than when it’s the front view and I’m really confused about it now that we are adding ear proportions and position from the side. My logic says it’s just the exact same lenght, but I’m the type of person who you can’t just expect to grasp concepts when you explain them a bit differently when it comes to exact measurements. Where do the ears go EXACTLY on the side view (yes, I know it’s just a guide and real proportions have a huge variety. I’m just asking the “standard” for drawing beginners).
    Thanks in advance, fam.

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

you can place them from the brow line to the nose line. but you have to remember that there is perspective and the head can tilt up and down. if the head tilts up, the ears will appear lower than the brow/nose line, just like the back corners of a box would move down as the front side is tilted up

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.