Becca’s 100 Days of Sketchbook

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Becca’s 100 Days of Sketchbook

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Becca Young
    Participant
    No points.

Hello, my challenge is to work 2 sketch book pages a day.  No parameters on medium or study.  I am just getting started, the reasons I want to participate in this challenge is to obviously improve my skills, keep consistent with pursuit, force myself to work through frustrations and emotions, increase my creativity with happy accidents, feed my soul, and keep the train moving down the track…

Derailment possibilities – I have a full house and I homeschool. I do not get long periods of quiet time to focus.  I will not complain about this, instead I will be grateful for the moments and “doodling” while the kids are reading aloud or working next to me is quite wonderful, plus I have pages in my sketchbook that are full of working through geometry, its romantic.   The kids are seeing me stick to something I love and will see the results of my stick-to-it-iveness.

I have been working on charcoal portraits for 4 years now.  I have only done 4 portraits, they turned out great using sight size that I learned from youtube. (Bargue plates).  I am ready to actively pursue my art now. Learning the Bargue plate method was revolutionary to me.  I truly never believed I could do a successful real life drawing.  I have thoroughly enjoyed it, I equate it to learning how to walk, but now I want to dance! I want to find out what creations are in me! I believe already that NMA is going to be a big part in this.  My long term goal is to chip away at it, grow something that I can start calling a career in 10 years. (I have young children right now.)

I just finished a 7 day free trial this morning of NMA.  I couldn’t get enough of it. I focused on the head drawing course.  I intend to subscribe tomorrow.  I am looking at the coaching also – do I need to buy the monthly subscription along with the coaching?  ($39 pluss $99.?)  Thank you for any feedback.  This community seems to be very encouraging, I am looking forward to all of NMA!

Becca Young
    Participant
    No points.

Becca Young
    Participant
    No points.

Becca Young
    Participant
    No points.

Becca Young
    Participant
    No points.

Is there a way to get the images smaller?

The nose is not friendly, I want to punch it.  I just can not get my pen wrapped around it.

Becca Young
    Participant
    No points.

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Becca welcome to the chaellenge. I like those initial posted sketches, it looks quite cool. I see you struggled a bit in the middle, but keep going!

Currently they are working on the image compression. Once its fixed one can view the image in a smaller size to fit the screen.

Becca Young
    Participant
    No points.

Becca Young
    Participant
    No points.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.