Bargue Drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Bargue Drawing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    iangoodsmaniangoodsman
    Participant
    No points.

Hi, new guy here – joined a couple of months ago. I’m 70 and started drawing about 2 years ago when I saw some work by Juliette Aristides and was totally blown away by the realism. Had never done art, in this sense, and music was my thing. After seeing Juliette’s work I thought I would have a go and see how far I get. Anyway, started the sight-size drawing method and this is my latest. I say latest, it was drawn over six months ago and I haven’t done anything since then – going to do the 10 day challenge I think. It is from the Bargue book and is Derwent graphite pencils on Strathmore toned tan paper. However, the scan has not come out too well, but hopefully you will see it OK. Good to be here.

Bargue Drawing

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Welcome, Ian! Excellent start and hope you find lots of inspiration to keep you going. Also a musician and photographer by trade who recently (last couple years) got into art again. Looking forward to seeing more from you!

iangoodsmaniangoodsman
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you Carlise, looking forward to getting more motivated and, yes, there is a lot here but just need to organise myself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.