Antti’s 2nd 100 days Nature Art Challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Antti’s 2nd 100 days Nature Art Challenge

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Antti MoijanenAntti Moijanen
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Goals for my Second 100 days Nature art challenge are:

1. Continue plein air sessions using sketchbooks (buy new set of sketch books, for different purposes), mainly for watercolor
    2. Do home studio studies for new ideas
    3. Do finished studio paintings in the spirit of old masters, try to combine chiaroscuro of Garavaggio with some romantics of Boucher abstract impressionism of Zorn, Monet etc:)
    4. Try to find different ways to combine studio work with plein air work.
    5. Practise NMA anatomical, form, color, composition, etc. drawing and painting ideas, rhythm, doing dayly drawing sessions
    6. Do some plein air with oils using different canvas types and sizes.
    7. Testing different watercolor papers for best results
    8. Do plein air sessions using tightened paper instead of sketchbook.
    9. Initial researching and maybe some investments of doing own framing.
    10. Practicing figure drawing and painting and using the ideas of this to nature art and visa versa.
    11. Took lots of reference photos for next winter.
    12. Extra: Go through the digital art basic course.

So quite wide palette and many sub goals which I would like to move at least little closer. Main goal would be to make the most of the summer possibilities and widen the ways to work in different enjoyable ways but still trying to work hard and step also out of the comfort zone when needed.

I try to keep posting the main happenings, maybe on weekly basis but not taking too much pressure on this.

You can follow me also on my instagram account @anttimoijanen_art & @anttimoijanen and on my web site http://www.hippiainen.com

This would be day one and the challenge is finished in 18. August if I calculated correctly.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.