Annora’s 100 days of landscape oil painting

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Annora’s 100 days of landscape oil painting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Annora SchweickertAnnora Schweickert
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello everyone ! During these 100 days I will try my best to dedicate my time to landscape painting. I have been drawing portraits with graphite for a while now and got really burned out. I am ready to try something completely new! I think doing this 100 day challenge will help improve my art abilities.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day one Forest oil painting with Ben Fenske

Not sure if I like this, I feel like it doesn’t really make sense. Its only the first day so its not going to look like a masterpiece. Tell me what you guys think!!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 2 Beach with Ben Fenske

I feel better about this one than I did yesterdays, I really like how it came together at the end. This was good practice for perspective and practicing color change….. thinking of value in color is very difficult for me to paint but it will get better!  Also if anyone wants to learn about oil painting you should check out Introduction to Landscape Oil Painting with Ben Fenske its really helpful!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day three; wasn’t able to finish this one today, tomorrow I will come back to it.

I actually really like this one so far, I was scared that I wouldn’t be able to make the foreground tree stand out enough but I think It stands out nicely.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day Four: Field oil painting

Here’s the finished piece from yesterdays, I like this one I think there was a little step of improvement. I think I might of made the middle ground trees a bit to dark though….

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day Five; I wasn’t able to do any painting yesterday but I made it up by sketching some compositions that I really liked. I am planning on doing a painting of  the sand dunes in Hannah Park Florida. If you don’t know what Hannah Park is, it’s a very beautiful beach in Jacksonville Florida…. I used a reference of a picture I took in Hannah Park when sketching these, I really like the lighting and just the overall feeling of the pictures I took.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day six; I started the beginner oil painting course with Heather Lenefsky and we did a monochromatic elephant painting which we haven’t finished yet but will finish next Sunday! This live class was so amazing so much good information that is really helpful when first starting oil painting. Painting this was really enjoyable and helped remind me why I put my energy into starting new things.

Marcus Wemyss
    Participant
    No points.

I think its great, expressive and the composition is lovely i’d have it on my wall.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

wow thanks I didn’t think it was that lovely honestly…

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day seven; Here is a painting of the Hannah Park dunes I did a sketch of on day five. I used canvas paper for this one and found that it was more enjoyable to paint on than painting on a actually canvas. I don’t really know if I like this or not but maybe after a few days of not staring at it I will appreciate it more.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day eight; I did another monochromatic elephant but this time I tried one with color. I think Practicing monochromatic with different color will really help me improve in mixing values in color. I am so use to just values in black and white so when adding color to the mix makes it kinda confusing.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day Nine; I really enjoyed painting this, my main focus were the clouds. I really loved how the clouds looked today they were just so big and fluffy and I wanted to capture that in this piece. Tomorrow I am probably going to go back in and add some more detail to the trees there looking a bit flat. Also I added the photo I took for reference, these clouds change really fast so its easier to just take a picture.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day Ten; Here is the finished painting from yesterday and something new I have started. I started the oil painting course for beginners with Charles Hu the figure drawing below was about understanding the way a figure flows. In the next lesson we will be working on compositions with figures for a future painting! And I have decided to making my oil painting challenge more open and paint all subjects not just landscapes……I just don’t know how to change my forum name…

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day Eleven; Today I some what finished the elephant from last Sunday’s live oil painting class, I missed today’s live oil painting class, but I kinda already knew what we were suppose to do for this lesson, which was to paint the lights. I think I might go back in tomorrow and do some more.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day Twelve; today I  started a black and white still life to practice values I actually really like this so fare

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.