Animation Dropout Introduces Himself

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Animation Dropout Introduces Himself

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    James ThamesJames Thames
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello!

I’m James, from California, Sacramento to be precise.
    I’m a 31 year old computer animation dropout who is finally learning how to draw properly.
    My intro to art was at an Art Institutes campus so I don’t have the best foundational drawing knowledge(but that’s why I use NMA! 😅 ).
    I ended up dropping out in 2017 and I’ve spent the time since saving up for a hefty PC and a Cintiq
    to do the whole self-study route.
    My primary interests are digital drawing and painting and content creation(I took a lot of video/film classes back in college).

I’ve been paying for NMA since like 2020 and I’m hoping attempt 3 at the BGD sticks.
    If you are into digital art or are a Nor Cal local I’d love to touch base.
    I usually lurk around the Discord but I tend to disappear if I’m not actively drawing.

J Owens
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey, not entirely similar case. But I did start learning 3D animation September after getting to the point of starting my first personal project I realized animation wasn’t something I wanted to do. I did get into NMA after searching for ways to do figure drawing, as anyone who’s started the Animation Survival Kit can tell you — it’s recommended to get a lay of the land for character animation. That slowly opened my eyes to the fact that I had never really given drawing a proper go despite being interested in it. I’m sure my experience with un-motivating art teachers from middle-school to university contributed to that. I invested in a basic drawing tablet and I’m currently with the goal of starting freelance work after spending about a year really focusing on NMA and a couple other courses. Hope to see you around on the discord!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.