Advice needed on Learning paths/ prep for art school portfolio

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Advice needed on Learning paths/ prep for art school portfolio

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christina Hoenig
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi all,

Can anybody recommend straightforward learning paths for drawing, oil painting, and sculpture? I am somewhat overwhelmed by the options. My level for drawing and oil painting is intermediate (although I do not mind going over basics again) and I am a beginner in sculpture.

I am asking this question with a view to obtaining a thorough preparation for a fine arts degree. I would be grateful for any advice on how specific learning paths might help me put together a promising portfolio for art school applications. In this context, I’d appreciate some advice on the most suitable lines of approach: e.g. is it more advisable to learn the Russian Academy Drawing Course, or the series by Glen Vilppu? Any particular oil painting techniques that are more advisable for this purpose? Thanks all, I look forward to hearing from you!

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Christina, we are currently working on a track system. The link below will take you to the rough draft. Just click on the path you are interested in, on the flow chart, and that will link you to the recommended courses doc

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1snb6iXfrqL8p1IJ1GFVW3X-EjRvQ1tnHSqGsnRBkwXQ/edit

Again, this is a rough draft and will be continuously updated, so you may see somethings change.
    Let me know if you have any questions 😀

Christina Hoenig
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Wow, thank you so much for sharing, Daniel. This is super helpful!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.