Acrylic landscape – Bush scene

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Acrylic landscape – Bush scene

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rachel Atkins
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, I’m just a beginner, I have a couple of pics up for feedback, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Rachel

I think it would be similiar in the detail idea for this painting. A bit more detail in the foreground and bottom of trees, decreasing as you go into the background and going up the trees. I think it could amplify the sense of height of the trees.

I definitely could have not painted this as a beginner! I could maybe now – I feel my skills have upgraded from a preschooler to a kindergartner with my painting!

Rachel Atkins
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks again Josseline, looking at it now, I can see how the flat the bottom is, more detail would definitely improve that area and the overall effect.
    Thanks so much.

I know what you mean about feeling like you are in kindy, I look at other people’s work and think how many years will it take to get that good!!!  It’s so reassuring to see how other people are progressing though, it really motivates me to keep at it.
    Feedback is amazingly helpful too.

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

No worries! I have noticed this myself with my painting. I may have most elements ohk, but the painting still feels a bit flat. We tend to focus on value and colour, rightfully so, but other elements such as detail, texture, etc help with achieving depth, creating a mood and atmosphere.
    It is very inspiring to see everyone working hard and progressing. I have found this forum has helped pushed me to work this past week when I had moments of struggle. Receiving feedback, giving feedback, reading others feedback – it’s all so valuable! I’m finding myself coming across things I’d forgotten to focus or address in my work, or brought to my attention things I hadn’t prior. It really compliments and enhances our learning.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.