Acrylic Animal Painting

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Acrylic Animal Painting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ROMANVINARNIK
    Participant
    No points.

Hello fellow artists,

I would highly appreciate feedback on the painting I am working on. I am a bit lost in what I can do to improve the painting.

Thank you all in advance.

Best,

Roman

Cougar Painting

Leo Di Fraia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Roman,

My two cents would be to:

• Decrease the saturation and texture in the sky. Keep the focus on the cougar.
    • Work on increasing the effect of the light on the cougar. The form is pretty flat in the light.
    • Introduce some bluish reflected light in the shadow.
    • The texture of the canvas is really fighting you. What caused the gouges? (Work larger or on smoother surface next time?)
    • Loving the cougar’s face – particularly the sense of warm light reflecting from the rock surface and cools from the sky. Maybe that’s what the body needs.
    Carlos Perez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I like the composition overall and the focal point of the cougar’s head with the light blue surrounding it, I would suggest you show a different plane at the top of the rock with a distinct value however
    It would be helpful to know your initial intention so we can know how close we are or that we’re getting far from it, i mean   You could even finish it there if your intention was achieved already .

ROMANVINARNIK
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you Leo and Carlos for your suggestions. I highly appreciate it! I will work on making those changes. Have a wonderful day!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.