3d Viewer – Fixed Views and Rotate by a fixed amount Possible?

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Website Suggestions and Wish List 3d Viewer – Fixed Views and Rotate by a fixed amount Possible?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rabskins
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I wish you could add a feature where you can use the arrow keys on the keyboard to rotate the 3d models by a fixed amount (e.g. so that if you pushed left 24 times, which is 15 degree increments, you’d get back to the same position); in conjunction with that it would also be great to be able to snap to a view, say a front view, or side view etc.; this would be extremely helpful for getting orthographic front views and side views that line up.  When you hover over a 3d model on the website (before actually launching the 3d viewer) and move the mouse slightly, it does actually do exactly what I’m talking about, but it isn’t possible to do anything similar in the 3d viewer (in a controlled and accurate manner).

I know that this might not be appropriate for some 3d models where a front view etc might not be clearly obvious, but for things like the anatomy scans it would be really helpful.

Anyway, that’s my feedback for how the 3d viewer could be improved, with that being said it’s still an excellent tool in its current state so many thanks for providing it.

Luka ArhLuka Arh
    Participant
    No points.

Hi,

I’d like to add to this request.

I’m using Wacom Cintiq 32″ and the thing is I’m using a side of it to have my references open (in this case 3d viewer). I do have a second monitor, however I’m watching lectures on that one. Anyway, The problem I have is, because the 3d viewer doesn’t go to the edges of a browser window. Essentially the 3d viewer area results in being too small to see anything.

I think it would be a nice feature to make another “view mode” for a 3d viewer. Now it’s this default or Full screen mode. Perhaps something like “Cinema/theater” mode that youtube has, where the player fits the whole window’s width.

I for one would greatly benefit from this feature.

Other than that I freakin’ love this academy. Best thing I enrolled in. Ever. Thanks so much for all the hard work you guys are doing and all the resources provided. Simply fantastic!

Here’s what I mean:
    Now
    Viewer

Extendendus magickus!

Extend

Fit to width (extended).

Luka ArhLuka Arh
    Participant
    No points.

Now that I think of it. The same feature could be applied for video player as well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.