3D model figures – love this challenge!

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique 3D model figures – love this challenge!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jo SheridanJo Sheridan
    Participant
    No points.

Hi there,

I would be keen to get some feedback on my sketches from the 3D model figures on the site. I really enjoyed having a go at these and can see how you can just keep going with more and more with a little flick of the mouse to turn the figure3D figure front… anyway – I am pretty happy with my gesture here, but much less so with the rendering – especially in the shadows – I think I perhaps took the easy way out by just going in with my 8B pencil and losing most of the detail, but maybe that is OK… some advice would be very welcome.

Carlos Perez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello Jo, Yeah I agree the gesture looks pretty good and the structure as well.

It seems your reducing the body parts to basic shapes but you’re not describing them with the shadows, I wouldn’t bother with the shadows, let’s keep it simple.  Gesture and Structure as Steve Huston says.

I’d suggest you practice the basic shapes as your doing with the figure and rotate them 360, if your want to go further a basic course of perspective and still lifes always increase the figure drawing quality.

Jo SheridanJo Sheridan
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks Carlos

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.