- Lesson Details
- Erik Olson
- Art Theory
- Colored Pencil, Pencil
- 5h 19m 30s
- Perspective for Artists
In this first lesson of the series, artist and veteran instructor Erik Olson introduces perspective in a complete and unabridged pictorial form for artists. Erik walks you through the process of integrating compositional thumbnails and sketches with perspective all the way through to fully formal, measured perspective. You will learn how to use perspective as a tool for the artist, to serve compositional and conceptual goals. The practices and proofs that you will learn are derived from the Renaissance all the way to present day methods.
- 45-45-90 Transparent Triangle Ruler
- 30-60-90 Transparent Triangle Ruler
- Alvin Pro-Matic Lead Holder – 2H Lead
- Alvin Rotary Lead Pointer
- T-Square Ruler
- Prismacolor Verithin Colored Pencil – Red/Blue
- Kneaded Eraser
- Hard Eraser
This lesson has 3D Models reference. Subscribe now
Free to try
1. Lesson Overview54sNow playing...
1. Procedures and Larger Concepts13m 55sNow playing...
1. Physical Definitions and Diagram Definitions19m 5sNow playing...
1. The Station Point Explained and How Framing Works24m 56sNow playing...
Watch the whole lesson with a subscription
2. A cube in 1, 2, & 3 Point Perspective and Inclined Perspective18m 1s
3. Infinite Views in Perspective and 3 point Perspective16m 10s
4. Diagram 01 : Perspective Definitions and Drafting Tools4m 23s
5. Diagram 02 : Referencing Same Sized Figures with 1st figure being randomly sized12m 29s
6. Diagram 03 : Applying Scale to Figures and Continuing Figurative Scale15m 21s
7. Diagram 04 : Referencing the Same sized Rods in 1 point perspective12m 9s
8. Diagram 05 : Referencing Standing Triangles in Perspective14m 49s
9. Diagram 06 : Two Figures Standing with Another Figure Laying Down13m 38s
10. Diagram 07 : Referencing a Sidewalk and a Displaced section Correctly12m 31s
11. Diagram 08 : Referencing Boxes and Figures in Perspective27m 6s
12. Diagram 09 : Repeating Squares and Cubes using the Halving/Diagonal method26m 11s
13. Diagram 10 : Building a Box and a Cube and Repeating them28m 42s
14. Diagram 11 : Building same sized Box Cars with Equal Spaces29m 13s
15. Diagram 12 : Drawing a Sketch Scene while Referencing Size and Scale29m 57s
New Masters Academy
16182 Gothard St
Huntington Beach, CA 92647