Working in progress, I’m stuck. Critique much appreciated!

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Working in progress, I’m stuck. Critique much appreciated!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alessandra Bonvicini
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

SandraRondaSandraRonda
    Participant
    No points.

Alessandra~

I LOVE this! You really captured the emotion of a moment.

~sandra

Alessandra Bonvicini
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Sandra, I’m glad you see that. Grazie, A

Laura Ramsden
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Very cool painting, and creative composition!

I noticed a couple of design elements that could maybe be clarified or slightly adjusted. The top of the picture lines up with the horizontal line in the background, maybe make the whole background one colour, or make the blue extend lower (or vice versa)? Her ear seems a little unclear, and a bit hard to tell where the bottom of her ear lobe is lining up. Maybe it would read a bit clearer to push the photo to the right a bit, or design a clear shape in between the photo and the side of her face. You are probably still working on her arm, but right now looks a bit like her hand is floating.

Can’t wait to see the finished piece!

Alessandra Bonvicini
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Great points, thank you! I appreciate the inputs, very constructive. I will work on the background, I like the idea of lowering the horizontal line and clarifying the shape between the photo and the face.
    Yes, I’m still trying to figure out the hand and arm, I found it quite difficult at the moment.
    Thank you again Laura for taking the time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.