Understanding and Using Value

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Understanding and Using Value

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this lesson, master designer Bill Perkins will show you how to use value to strengthen the compositional designs and readability of your landscape drawings. You will learn how to use value matrix, a powerful tool that allows you to quickly simplify the values within any image.

This lesson belongs to the course The Beginner’s Guide to Drawing. It is a 12-week course designed to empower new students with a structured approach for learning how to draw. Join instructors Steve Huston, Chris Legaspi, Heather Lenefski, Bill Perkins, and Mark Westermoe as you learn the fundamentals of perspective, rendering, and composition. After completing this course, you will develop a solid foundation in drawing.

Throughout this course, you’ll have access to the NMA community for feedback and critiques to improve your work as you progress.

Yan Ho
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I used photo reference provided by NMA

Yan Ho
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I find it difficult to render closely as the photo reference. I tried to upload the photo reference but fail to do so. Kindly feedback and critique on area I need to improve. Thanks

H B
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

What is the pencil being used in Week 12: Understanding and Using Value with Bill Perkins?

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi HB, please see the lesson details. He is using both Conte and Charcoal pencils. the brand doesn’t matter
    The Black Pencil is Conte and the Orange Pencil is Charcoal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.