The Proportions and Major Forms of the Human Head

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion The Proportions and Major Forms of the Human Head

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this lesson, instructor Glenn Vilppu will begin with an in-depth lecture on the proportions of the human head. You will watch him break down the planes of the head using the watermelon metaphor. Glenn will also touch on the supraorbital ridge and zygomatic arch to help you understand the basic anatomy of the head.

This lesson belongs to Renaissance Head Drawing. In this 8-week course, master draftsman Glenn Vilppu will teach you his unique approach to drawing the head, rooted in the traditions of the Old Masters. You will learn how to illustrate the portrait with three-dimensionality. You will master the construction, planes, and anatomy of the head. In sharing his technique, Glenn will help you achieve the ability to create effortless yet convincing drawings.

Throughout this course, you’ll have access to the NMA community for feedback and critiques to improve your work as you progress.

Cecilia
    Participant
    No points.

Here is my assignment. I try to get it done within the 30 minute limit.Renaissance Head Drawing Week 1

Cecilia
    Participant
    No points.

I am having a hard time placing the eyebrow line on. Actually, with everything.

Chen
    Participant
    No points.

Hi, I have a question: on NMA course guide, this course is said to be 30h 28m 14s, but here I only see 12 hours, while the entertainment arts head drawing has 20 hours. It worries me if there are some courses/knowledge missing?

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi gmw13, Renaissance Head Drawing was recently reformatted, 12 hours is correct. So the course guide will be updated soon

hanna Bordewijk
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I really enjoyed this lesson. It is the first time I picked up and understood the lesson, without finding it dry or too difficult. I consider myself intermediate.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.