The Portrait in Watercolor Lesson 7: A Male Portrait (Part 1)

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion The Portrait in Watercolor Lesson 7: A Male Portrait (Part 1)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In This lesson:

Mark does the graphite drawing for the male portrait on hot press illustration board. This time he chose a subject with craggy features and dramatic lighting. Mark puts down the base tones and gets the painting ready for further applying the darkest darks and the halftones in the next lesson.

In This Course:

Learn to paint the portrait in watercolor with this new course from the late Mark Westermoe.

Mark Westermoe was a renowned artist, illustrator, and instructor, known for his work on many feature film posters such as Braveheart, Total Recall, and Home Alone.

Mark will cover all the tools and materials youʼll need for work in watercolor. You will start with small watercolor sketches and work your way to painting finished portraits using the Reilly Method.

You will learn to not simply copy your subject, but to add your own attitude to your portraiture.

In Mark’s words: “Try to bring yourself into whatever subject youʼre drawing or painting. As long as you have that youʼll maintain your interest.”

Walker.M
    Participant
    No points.

I really love this portrait in watercolor course. best of best !

I could not find the portrait assignment photos for student to practice after each subject. Hope school could provide assignments , I want to have more practices . I attached my exercise but this one is from the reference photo .  male subject

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Walker.M.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.