The Portrait in Watercolor Lesson 6: A Female Portrait (Part 3)

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion The Portrait in Watercolor Lesson 6: A Female Portrait (Part 3)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In This Lesson:

This is the final part of the female portrait session. Mark works on the hair and the darks, he demonstrates how to achieve a full range of value in your painting.

In This Course:

Learn to paint the portrait in watercolor with this new course from the late Mark Westermoe.

Mark Westermoe was a renowned artist, illustrator, and instructor, known for his work on many feature film posters such as Braveheart, Total Recall, and Home Alone.

Mark will cover all the tools and materials youʼll need for work in watercolor. You will start with small watercolor sketches and work your way to painting finished portraits using the Reilly Method.

You will learn to not simply copy your subject, but to add your own attitude to your portraiture.

In Mark’s words: “Try to bring yourself into whatever subject youʼre drawing or painting. As long as you have that youʼll maintain your interest.”

ZHI SUZHI SU
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Mr. Westermoe for the lessen. I learned a lot. In the video you mentioned the painting is not finished. Is it possible to show a complete version of the painting? I am very curious about what makes a painting whole. Thanks again.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Unfortunately Mark passed away last year. He was a dear friend and mentor of mine and he will be missed by all of his students. Mark knew that he was dying before he started working with New Masters Academy. These courses were his last gift to artists. At his request we will be uploading an album with all of his professional art so hopefully you will get a chance to go through that when we do.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.