SteveArts 100 Day Study

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge SteveArts 100 Day Study

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SteveArtsSteveArts
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Only just now jumping in on this because the consistency of my art habit has really suffered lately. Hopefully, jumping in and committing to posting will help keep bringing me back to the practice. For me, it’ll be less about following a specific course of study and more about just producing something that lets me practice some skills and have fun.

Day 1 is from the sight size drawing video in Heather Lenefsky’s beginner course. Simple 3B pencil on printer paper using the reference in the video. Took about 10 minutes after one false start. The figure is a bit squat, but I think that’s because I didn’t have the board perpendicular to my eye line.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

It definitely will. Speaking from experience with this challenge. Keep posting and don’t think too much about it at first. After awhile it will become a habit!

I just gave you your 100 Day Challenge Badge!

SteveArtsSteveArts
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 2. Decided to try another sight size, this time using one of my favorite action figures.

Conte on newsprint.

SteveArtsSteveArts
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 3. Since all my local figure drawing classes have been cancelled for the last several weeks, I’m getting practice in with Croquis Cafe. It’s such an amazing resource. Between it and the reference images here, you hardly need to go outside to find good models to draw.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by SteveArtsSteveArts.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.