Share Your Story

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art Discussion Inspiration and Motivation Share Your Story

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

People around the world are struggling to cope with pain, fear, and anger during these challenging times.

At New Masters Academy, we have been discussing what role art plays in our approach to these hard times.

The more we shared, the more inspired and resilient we felt. Some of us, who had lately spent little time on our personal art practice, were inspired to take it up again with renewed enthusiasm and appreciation.

Now we’d like to invite you to join that conversation and share your story.

If you have an inspirational story about how art helped you cope with difficult times, please create a topic in this forum (https://www.nma.art/forums/forum/video-lessons-discussion/inspiration-and-motivation/) and share it with the New Masters Academy Community.

Verónica FariasVerónica Farias
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

painting and writing at the same time                        My love for the arts has been similar to one I feel for that first love; that youthful love for my early 10 years, which I remember as the most endearing and platonic. It is not a passing love, because it refers me to the day I met him, even if I never knew about him again; it is part of my life story and it will always be lodged deep in my heart.

This idealized love, similar to the one I feel for arts,  made me decide my career in Architecture and then in Graphic Design. When I got married, very young, my children and my marriage took that place; they had more weight and I separated almost completely. I only approached him in my country house, in solitude, when the children went to play at the lake; then, I would put my easel and paint for hours, until the sun went down. It was at that time that I met him again but I didn’t take it with me, it escaped, I still don’t know why. Bur, something in me was captured, I´m sure because my children – the three of them -, decided on careers related to art; Music, Architecture and Industrial Design. I also returned to the University and I met him through books, theory, Fine Arts, literature.

When studying philosophy and letters I stumbled upon a more mature love … just as important, possibly more at times, but that first love is stronger, it catches me, it loses me, it attracts me and I fall in love again; makes blood flow through my veins, it nourishes me, it makes me happy like that first love.

During this time of confinement and solitude, in which I find myself alone as in those twilight afternoons, that lover has winked at me again. And, again I was hooked … then, the days are short, not even enough time. I take notes, practice, and paint in my spare time.

I had never been more active; today I have an urban garden, I have an online Reading Circle and I teach Literature at distance for teenagers, but nothing is enough for me: I wait all day for my time alone with my pencils, I would like the afternoons to be longer and the mornings short; I can´t wait for jumping between the Russian technique drawing with Iliya Mirochnik, the Leo Mancini sight drawing, the rendering with Chris Legaspi, the watercolor with Mark and I want to meet the whole great team. But I don’t have time. I need a honeymoon … with nothing but my papers and my oils and watercolors.

Thanks for listening to me. I´m Verónica, thanks to all wonderful humans for being there. Anyone, to tell me what I feel is normal? Or, better yet, some crazy person who feels the same way as me?

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Veronica

What a lovely post ,a love affair with looking , colour , form .

When your in solitude with your art

In flow the critical small self  the mum the architect fall away and there is just tone colour light .

I love Art I have just found this July  aged 62 years

I had been diverted creatively  by music song writing etc

But much prefer this non cerebral silent way .

Thanks again for your lovely post

Tim

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

omer stryjer
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

i always wanted to learn how to draw. so i tried the basic course and at lesson of the measuring and  i didnt untestood nothing. meabye i am a fool a dont know

omer stryjer
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

i sorry about my poor english

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.