Shape Clarity and Distinction

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Shape Clarity and Distinction

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this lesson, instructor Bill Perkins will teach you how to achieve shape clarity and distinction. He will review the concept of dominant vs. subordinate and lecture on Notan vs. Chiaroscuro. You will watch him break down several good and bad examples of character development in film scenes. Then, you will learn how to utilize line, mass, and form to create image clarity.

This lesson belongs to the course Visual Storytelling. In this 7-week course, Bill Perkins will teach you the skillsets needed to create strong visual storytelling. You will learn about the visual components like primaries of design. Bill will lecture on the importance of dominance and subordination. You will explore ways to achieve shape clarity as well as manipulate both visible and implied lines. From there, Bill will analyze the use of color and visual subtext to help enhance your visual storytelling.

Throughout this course, you’ll have access to the NMA community for feedback and critiques to improve your work as you progress.

Oscar Gomez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Bill seems to suggest that there would be audio in the video.  Is there supposed to be audio in the videos he presents?

Ryan Lepianka
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey Oscar,

I don’t hear any audio either.  It seems though that the audio is kind of unimportant for the sake of what we’re doing here.  I’m hoping they open up a Discord channel for this course.  It doesn’t seem like anybody  uses these forums.  I’ve posted in these months ago and received no response at all.  It would be great to be able to discuss this material as I think it’s pretty central to creating compelling images.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.