Self portrait in watercolour

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities Self-Portrait Avatar Self portrait in watercolour

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeanette AssiesJeanette Assies
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I made this little sketch of a selfportrait (7″ by 4″) in my sketchbook about years ago. I had just discovered NMA and I was totally excited about the content of this academy. It was beyond expectations! And I was geared up to soak in all the knowledge that these wonderfull instructors shared in their videos.

The first videos I bingewatched where the head drawings videos of Steve Huston. And I remembered his advice to draw every day, no matter the subject, no matter how much, just draw every day, if only for 5 minutes! Because these 5 minutes will become 10 minutes, will become 30 minutes and will take you further in your growth as an artist.

So I started doing this small exercise in my sketchbook and here it is…..this one turned out pretty ok, but I tell you after this one it has been a major struggle to live up to my own expectations. Which was not encouraging at all to keep up these daily exercises. And I am still struggling today, but if I can give one encouragement to my fellow artists-wannabees: “Keep on swimming! Keep on swimming!”  For one day, your daily exercises will sink in and will bring you marveleous results.

Jeanette AssiesJeanette Assies
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Add-on to my previous post: this was made about 4 years ago, when I just subscribed to NMA.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Wonderful portrait! Thank you for sharing. It would be interesting for you to do a new one and see how much you’ve improved!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.