Self Portrait In Photoshop

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities Self-Portrait Avatar Self Portrait In Photoshop

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Victor CabanVictor Caban
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Me

Dang that’s huge lol.

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

That’s a great self-portrait. Very expressive! I know what you mean about being surprised at how large the image looks after it uploads!

Victor CabanVictor Caban
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Jan! I was really trying to capture the feeling so I’m glad it came across. Yeah, it definitely caught me off guard haha, I’m glad it get’s reduced in size in the forum post though lol. I’m new here, do you have any videos / exercises you recommend that you feel helped improve your progress?

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I know this is a really long reply, but I hope it’s helpful! Since joining NMA in February most of my time has been spent working through the Head Drawing for Beginners series which includes lessons by Chris Legaspi, Charles Hu, Mark Westermoe (Reilly Method) and Steve Huston. I followed the suggested order of the courses which worked well for me. Last week I started the Constructive Head Drawing Series with Steve Huston. The lessons have all been excellent! Although there is overlap in the concepts, the approaches are different, so I find I learn something completely new (to me) from each instructor. I like to take a break from exercises every week or so and complete a more finished drawing which has helped me consolidate what I’ve learned. I’ve also gained so much from just reading through the forums. NMA is an absolutely incredible resource both for learning technical skills and for inspiration. There are so many courses I want to take that I’ll never get through them all. Good luck with your personal journey!

Michael Bolger
    Participant
    No points.

Done a few years ago in PS and Painter

Michael Bolger
    Participant
    No points.

Done a few years ago.  Background was done in Painter and drawing in Photoshop.

Nourah FahadNourah Fahad
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Nice work!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.