Russian Drawing Course Portrait

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Russian Drawing Course Portrait

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rctregearrctregear
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi everyone, I’ve been a member for a couple of months and I have been pretty much learning from scratch how to draw people, so right now I’m on a massively steep learning curve. I have gone through all of the Russian Drawing Course so far, and this is my sanguine pencil portrait from part 12. I know there are loads of areas that could be improved, and I’m thinking of revisiting this one a bit later on once I’ve done a lot more learning and practise; I hope my next attempt will have a better likeness with the model. Any feedback is welcome – this was also my first time using a pastel pencil.

eric.desj
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Good job. Looks Awesome to me. I’m also learning from scratch and it inspires me to see other people new at this do as well as you are.

rctregearrctregear
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks – I have been doing other sorts of art for a while but portraiture is very new. Up until last year I was a portrait photographer, but drawing people is an entirely new level of difficulty!

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Nice work.

You are you too heavy on the outer edges of the forms which is having a flattening effect on the work.

Also for this exercise it would be good to see the hatching marks that Iliya teaches because it trains you to develop the form clearly. For example looking at the chest I can’t tell how the forms are moving in space.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.