Russian Drawing Course Part 1: Materials & Set-Up

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Russian Drawing Course Part 1: Materials & Set-Up

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Maximilian Koch
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey, should I buy the Strathmore 400 Mixed Media or the strathmore 400 heavyweight drawing ? 🙂

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

I think either could work, but I believe he used mixed media

Annika Smeds
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Can you reuse the panel board and how many times? How can you get rid of the staples? I cannot find those cradled boards anywhere in my country. Those I´ve seen on the net are very expensive (inluding shipping and tax and customs fees, too), so I really hope that you can reuse them numerous times. Anyway, I don´t have any and it seems impossible to order them within the EU (duty-free).

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

yes you can reuse them until the sides become too perforated to hold staples. you can buy a dedicated staple remover, our use something to pry them out, which may risk damaging the sides unnecessarily. you could also use a sheet of ply wood. preferably one that is treated so that it doesn’t warp due to moisture. Im sure there are many other solutions. you just have to be creative. but the panel board is light, strong and has a smooth surface. so its the much easier option.
    or, just draw on unmounted paper if none of the above work. stretching the paper has its benefits, but it shouldnt prevent you from moving forward with the class IMO

Tosha Gibson
    Participant
    No points.

What size panel board should I be getting?

Andy Gardner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

polystyrene balls

If anyone is looking for basic shapes in the UK, These are £3 in The Range.

They’re sold as a DIY solar system.

They’re polystyrene so easy to flatten the bottom.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.