Russian Academic Approach Study Group

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Study Groups Russian Academic Approach Study Group

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi all,

I am currently working through the Russian course, and thoroughly enjoying it – It is thus far my favourite approach to drawing.

I want to really focus on improving my progress in this course, and I am certain those who are currently working through the course would feel the same way. I am arriving to the stage where it is difficult to clearly and objectively assess my work, and at times it can feel overwhelming and difficult to push through periods of flatness and fatigue, undertaking this study alone.

I though it could be beneficial to set up small study groups to help give each other support, accountability, guidance and some basic feedback.

Any thoughts?

Becca Young
    Participant
    No points.

Hi! I just started this course also.  He is such a great teacher, i agree it is by far the best approach.

I have very little experience, I don’t have a lot to offer but I would love to be a part of group.  I am on lesson 5.

batool khalifabatool khalifa
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

hi .. i would like to be a part of that group .. We can post here what we have learned from this course and give our opinions to each other .. I suggest we make a what’s app group i will make it easier , what do you think ?

Bradley MietchelleBradley Mietchelle
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m just beginning the course. Has the group started?

Matheus Coutinho
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey! I’m on lesson 3 of the course so just starting, it has been an awesome course so far.

I’m a complete beginner who’ve only started drawing two months ago, but i’d really like the opportunity to join the study group.

Thanks!

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi @beccayoung @batoolkhalifa @bradmitchell @matheuscoutinho . Apologies for the late reply! I hope to find you all well. Great to see that there are a few of us to form a study group. I think this number of students would work well!

I don’t have any specifically set format to how we would set the group up and how to approach it all, so would love to hear any ideas you all may have. Here are a few ideas I have floating around:

We could try to set up something that would simulate a class schedule. It would be useful to create more structure and accountability. Maybe work on a week to week basis? flexibility where needed. Some Ideas I have for ways to do a class schedule below.

We could set up weekly assignments/tasks. We’d all be working on slightly different ones/sections of course, but we could set ones up for each person together through a catchup via Whatsapp or the like to discuss and set up the assignment/task for the week. We could use WhatsApp or something simliar keep in touch during the week too, and to discuss at the end of the week how everything has gone.

We could post the weekly assignments on here and give feedback to each other here?

I am from Australia, so my time zone difference is a fair bit, but we could also look into doing Zoom maybe once a month? Or every fortnight?

We could maybe start the “term” next week? Monday 10th August? or a week after? To give us enough time to set out the group and all.

Anyway, keen to hear from you all 🙂

Lavender
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello, I’m interested as well.

Any of that sounds great.

Cohen Gilles
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I am interested.

Kavish Agrawal
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi All,
    looking forward to see the progress of fellow students. Here is an Asaro Head study I did in graphite. 3 hour long process. Love the 3D model references of NMA. Let me know what you guys think…

Kavish

Asaro Head in 3 quarter lighting

Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I would like to join this study group. Wish I had found it sooner. I’ll post my assignments here, as well as on my 100 Days Challenge thread. I just finished the cloth section.

Cloth lady

Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is one of the sketches from the “tumbling skulls” assignment

Kavish Agrawal
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Davids eye study following along the video..with some notes on the sides

Davids eye

Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is the face muscles assignment. I’ll probably be a little more focused on the contest this month because it’s way outside my comfort zone, so I’m going to have to teach myself a lot in a short period of time. I love a challenge!

face muscles

Participant
    No badges. No points.

I think this group isn’t super active right now. I am continuing to post my assignments to my 100 Days thread though. Good luck everyone!

Brittney BachBrittney Bach
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m starting this course. I can’t get past the sight measuring he does with the needles! I have no idea. Hopefully it doesn’t slow me down cuz it’s just not in my strengths but it seems like an important part. So suggestions are welcomed !!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.