Rey’s Anatomy: The Torso

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Rey’s Anatomy: The Torso

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this series, artistic anatomist Rey Bustos brings you a fun, unique introduction to anatomy of the human body. In this fourth lesson of the series, Rey shows you anatomy of the front torso. Rey will begin by lecturing on the blackboard, breaking down each bone, muscle, and tendon of the region.

Materials

• Blackboard
    • Blackboard Chalk
    • Digital Tablet<
    blk.whtfox
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I am having a really hard time following where his mouse is because it isn’t shown in these videos like it is in the previous ones. It’s difficult to follow what he’s saying if I can’t tell what he’s looking at. Just thought I’d mention it, thanks, LOVE these lessons, and Rey Bustos is amazing

YOLANDI MEIRING
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Loving Rey’s series…really good stuff! I have a question:

What are these bumps in the latissimus?

Thanks,

Landi

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Yolandi,

This area is always tricky to decipher if the bumps in this area are the ribs or the serratus anterior.

We know that the serratus originates from the scapula, and we can see that the scapula is rotated forward (look for the v shape impression called the triangle of auscultation). Since these bumps travel farther back than the scapula’s location, my next guess is that we are seeing the ribs. Because the arm is pulling forward, flattening and stretching out the skin and muscles, the ribs are allowed to show through.

The next muscle groups I would question is fiber bundles of latissimus, this is not the case since latissimus fibers travel the opposite direction

Then there is serratus posterior inferior which also travels the opposite way.

So at this point iI think its safe to conclude we re seeing the ribs

YOLANDI MEIRING
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Daniel,

Yeah, must be the ribs: I think what threw me is that they look so fleshy . Thanks for the detailed reply!

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

I had to really think about it because the ribs almost line up the the serratus insertion on the anterior side of latissimus. Tricky Stuff!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.