Rey’s Anatomy: The Lower Leg and Foot

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Rey’s Anatomy: The Lower Leg and Foot

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this series, instructor Rey Bustos brings you a fun, unique introduction to anatomy of the human body. In this first lesson of the series, Rey shows you anatomy of the lower leg and foot using a variety of methods. Rey will begin by lecturing on the blackboard, and then move to photo references to illustrate key points. Next, Rey will apply muscles and tendons of the leg and foot to an ecorche sculpture, allowing you to view what you’ve learned from a three-dimensional perspective. Finally, Rey will end with an ecorche drawing demonstration over photo references of real legs and feet.

Materials

• Blackboard
    • Blackboard Chalk
    • Digital Tablet
    planetvike
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This was a great lesson, I think the addition of a live model showing the various parts of anatomy on their body would really help to pinpoint the anatomical landmarks.

Anand Gopinath
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Definitely an eye-opening and highly inspiring lesson. Mr. Rey Bustos puts everything in the right context and makes such a complex subject so easy to understand.

steven lakoff
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

It is difficult to stop watching these lessons they are so interesting.  Great job.

KHANH DIEC
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I just joined today and this has been so much more informative then any anatomy class I’ve taken.

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Loving this course so far, all valuable content and no fluff! I’ve been putting off anatomy because I thought it was going to be a drag, but Rey makes it exciting. The 3D models are very helpful here, as well.

Jaki RosserJaki Rosser
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

After years of trying, and failing, to study anatomy I finally feel like it’s all clicking! Wonderful course, totally hooked. I’m also doing Rey’s  “Build Your Own Anatomy Figure” course at the same time and I think the hands on approach is really helping to cement the anatomy in my head…would love to see more courses on here from this teacher.

Nils-Petter Olsen
    Participant
    No points.

Just almost finished the leg so far – I keep looking for the bones, muscles and tendons on my own legs even when I am not studying. He says the trick is to make yourself interested in the subject. Not hard with such a great teacher!

Channelle Carnie
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Very very helpful and well-explained. By looking at the 3D references as well with the lesson, I think I’ve managed to finally get the hang of where each important muscle (and tendon!) is.

reva
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

great teacher !! great master 🙂

Magnar Jarle Olsen
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

great teacher,a great class!

Is there any way to customize captions? (choose size and position) Cause the text is often on top of whats being drawn. If not, could it be added?

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Magnar, Premium users on nma.art have access to the transcripts which are below the video. Im not sure if the autoscroll feature is working on V3 yet. I will forward this suggestion along to my team

James Golby
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Are some of the references taken down?  I don’t see some of the course materials that seem to be mentioned in the assignments.

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi James, I have been informed that we are in the process of switching out the references. please be patient in the mean time.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.