Rey’s Anatomy: The Back

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Rey’s Anatomy: The Back

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this series, artistic anatomist Rey Bustos brings you a fun, unique introduction to anatomy of the human body. In this third lesson of the series, Rey shows you anatomy of the back. Rey will begin by lecturing on the blackboard, breaking down each bone, muscle, and tendon of the region. Next, he will use photo references to diagram key areas of the back and some of the shoulder. Finally, Rey will end the lesson by doing an ecorche drawing demonstration over the photo references.

Materials

• Blackboard
    • Blackboard Chalk
    • Digital Tablet
    Calvin Maguranis
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

In the video playlist this course is before the front torso, however the back course reference the front torso…should they be switched or are they reversed on purpose?

Pascal Nelling
    Participant
    No points.

I agree. I think they should be switched.

Miguel Arosemena
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I have a question  about the scapular  muscles,,  there are muscles over the scapular bone surface,  they don’t have to be shown in this lesson??

I’m really confused about it.

thanks

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Miguel, you are correct. The scapular muscles are introduced in the arm lesson here: https://www.nma.art/videolessons/reys-anatomy-the-arm/

I recommend that you follow along with Rey, and when you finish the course, try drawing the back with the scapular muscles while comparing your reference to the cadaver 3d models. There you can adjust the lighting to match you reference.  You can always revisit these videos if you get stuck.

Good luck 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.