Raven’s 100 Day Foundations Challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Raven’s 100 Day Foundations Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 65

Today I set up a detailed but tentative plan for my art career. I’m excited! Below are my sketches for the “tumbling skulls” assignment in the Russian Drawing course.

skulls1

skulls2

skulls3

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 66

Today I started the watercolor portrait class, which seems really great so far, and started working on the cadaver face muscles drawing in the Russian class. It’s hard to draw something as ugly as facial muscles with no skin, but there it is. I’m kind of reminded of Hannibal Lecter, which isn’t great, but I do enjoy anatomy a lot.

face cadaver

ianball58ianball58
    Participant
    No points.

Good job, I can tell you put a lot of effort into these. I like your use of tone and your simplified figure sketches. I can tell you have a lot of patience. I can see you getting into drawing very realistic pieces.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by ianball58ianball58.
    TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Raven

Very detailed  what a great course go for it !

Tim

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Ianball58 and Tim – Thank you so much for your feedback. I’m really honored to have other wonderful artists to engage with. We’re all on the same path, even though each individual path may look quite different!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 67

Life is good. That is all. 🙂

Face muscles

Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is awesome!

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Great job on your Muscles of the Face study! I laughed at your reference to the creepiness of the subject matter. I was overwhelmed when I started the same study, but it ended up being one of my favorite anatomical drawings so far. Your self-portrait for the Discord challenge was awesome, tool I finally had a chance to get mine completed. Drawing from a mirror was tricky, but I definitely learned a great deal from the process. It was so instructive seeing everyone’s process photos, too. There were so many amazing pieces!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you, Ram!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Jan, thank you! Yes, there were so many wonderful entries to the self-portrait challenge. I don’t envy the judges. This next challenge for December is even more challenging, I think, but I’m definitely going to go for it. I like how these challenges really push you.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 68

I’m spending a lot of time on this month’s challenge because I’ve been wanting to get more into master’s studies. So, I’m treating it like a class. I’ve started studying the masters that I think I’m going to do. My problem is that I don’t usually work in pen and ink – like, not at all, nor ever. And we don’t have to for the contest. But I’m here to challenge myself and grow. So I’m going to focus on getting better at cross-hatching, pen and ink, ink wash, and watercolor. There is some amazing instruction at this school, so I feel like I’m in good hands!

The photos are from 2 2-minute poses and one 5-minute. I did them in the morning, then came back in the evening to practice pen strokes and cross hatching.

2 minute

5 minute

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

That’s good the inks really nice I use pencil first / then ink / erase

good discipline Raven no wonder your art is good

Tim

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks, Tim!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 69

Today I cherry-picked lessons that I felt would help me with the master’s project. Most of them were on materials, such as watercolor and ink. I also did my first study for the master’s project, one of Hokusai’s. I had never heard of him before, but I love his work. I plan to do two of his and one of Gibson’s. I plan to do little studies as many times as possible before embarking on the final drawing. This is just a sketch designed to get me familiar with the forms involved, and to work out any problems I might run into.

Hokusai

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 70, baby!

Last 30 days home stretch! I promised myself that I would gift myself with coaching if I made it the full 100 days. I went ahead and signed up now so that I can start the new year strong.

I worked on another master’s study as part of the monthly challenge. This one is a Durer. Hands are a huge weakness for me, so, clearly I have a masochistic side. Nevertheless, it’s just a sketch, and it’s just my sketchbook, so don’t tell anybody what you’ve seen here…

Durer

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 174 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.