Quick Sketching the Figure

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Quick Sketching the Figure

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this lesson, master draftsman and painter Danny Galieote will provide a variety of examples of drawing the figure with a quick-sketch approach appropriate for two to five minute poses. You will learn how to use gesture, opposing rhythms and general alignments to get a solid lay-in of the figure. Then you will be given several techniques for quickly indicating the overlapping and wedging forms in order to lead the eye. These techniques will help to give your quick-sketches solidity, movement, and appeal.

Materials

• Conté Sketching Pencil – Black
    • Kneaded Eraser
    • Safety-Edge Razor Blade
    Devin KlinkeDevin Klinke
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

It would be helpful if we could see the references that t he is drawing from ing from so that we could try draw along.

Pascal Nelling
    Participant
    No points.

I certainly agree. He’s super fast and one doesn’t know what he’s up to. To see the reference would definitely be helpful. And I’m not sure this course should be tagged as “Beginner Friendly” since his figure drawing approach seems pretty advanced to me…

Georg HasenoehrlGeorg Hasenoehrl
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, good explained video, but I am missing the reference images.

Please add it. Thank you very much 🙂

Elizabeth BrittellElizabeth Brittell
    No badges. No points.

Hello Georg! This course was recorded in the early days of New Masters Academy before live models were recorded so we’ve attached a collection of references that are close to the instructor’s sketches. Thank you for your patience!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.